Ok, so we all know how big of a task it is to get your home ready to sell. But there are always some easy tips to get it going….
1. Get your house completely cleaned!! This is obviously the most important. When my husband and I put our last home on the market, we cleaned to the exteme! Our house looked like nobody ever lived there. You must clean everything!!!!!! If you are unsure about your cleaning abilitied, hire someone to do it for you. It is pretty inexpensive to get your home thourghly cleaned and it will pay off!
2. Paint! A fresh coat of paint is important. Try to stay with nuetral colors. Dont do anything bold. You do not need to do a complete home makover.
3. Purchace new faucets. If your faucets look old and they have the water spots that you can’tget off. But new ones. You can get some that look great for under $20!
4. Re-apply caulking in your bathrooms. It will make your coutertop and showers look fresh.
5. Clean your carpets! Or if you have hardwood floors clean them and pick up some orange glo from menards. It will make them look shiny and new!
6. Replace any burned out light bulbs!
7. Clean up all the wood in your hoem including your cabinets, molding, doors, ect.
8. Move around your furniture to find out what arrangment will give your home more space!
9. Get rid of any junk your have. Pack up anything you can. The less clutter the better! Espcially get rid of any clutter on your counter tops. Remove all the kitchen appliances you can.
10. Organize the items in your cubbards! Seriously! My clients always check them out!
Once you get these done, you cill just have to maintain this everyday!